Genealogy Links [ Home ] [ How to Help ] [ Database ] [ Purpose ] [ Links ] [ Archives ]
- LDS Website
- This will probably end up being the most visited and best site for
Genealogy. The Latter Day Saints are well known for their efforts to
record church records and trace genealogies. Currently they only have
their English and Norwegian files on line, but when (and if) they add their
whole collection, their site will become by far the biggest and best
genealogical source for those tracing their families.
- Cindi's List
- Cindi is a professional genealogist who has checked out and classified
several sites on the web. Her site offers a generous list of links
which makes for a good starting point if you are looking for a place to
begin or further your research.
- A website with several databases. Some require a membership fee and
some are free. Worth checking out.
- Family Tree Maker
- I don't use their product (I use Sierra Generations Grand Suite), but
their website is very helpful (better than Sierra's). They have
bulletin boards that can be searched where you can place a memo. I
discovered a distant cousin (who I didn't know existed) here by searching
their bulletin board. Turns out she is researching similar
people. Check it out, you might find a relative!
- What's In A Name
- A great write-up one how different people groups chose surnames. A
- Distant Cousins Genealogy Index
- Cemetery records, ship passenger lists, online census' and other
- Library of Congress Genealogy
- Some interesting resources and links.
Michigan Genealogical Links
- Herrick Public
- This is where I began doing genealogy as a junior higher! They have
a wonderful Dutch archive (unfortunately is not online). However, they
do offer a list of surnames that they have indexed in their library as well
as a good list of links for general genealogy. Also, they have on line
4 generation genealogy charts that you can print. Great for when you
go to a library or archive to do research.
- Michigan in the Civil
- A well designed website with the rosters of those from Michigan who
participated in the Union army. Pictures of flags as well as some
great information on troop movements. Links t similar Civil War
Historical sites for other states.
Some Personal Genealogical Websites
Some Other Interesting Sites
of Wonder: Coats of Arms
- Great renditions of coats of arms. The web host is very helpful and
- Another heraldry web site with another friendly and helpful host.
Last Updated: October 14th, 1999.